My name is Mike Zorn.
- I have been creating software for over 15 years.
- I have been an active member in the Buffalo startup community since 2012.
- I can be found working from couch, or from one of the local coffee shops.
- I enjoy listening to punk, ska, indie, metal, and many OSTs.
I have a wide range of experience using many different stacks.
FRONT END DEVELOPMENT
I have spent the majority of my career working with a large variety of front end technologies. My main focuses have been on web and iOS. Here are my recent experiences:
BACK END DEVELOPMENT
UX / UI
- I was able to succesfully deploy a custom FFXI server using AWS. It is amazingly fun to have full control of this vast world. I was able to kill Bahamut in one hit, guys. The reminiscence is real.
- Poker - I have always been a fan of holdem. In 2007 my OPR rating on PokerStars was 99.52%. I am still depressed about NY banning online poker.
- I am always looking for small projects or ideas to hack on as an excuse to learn something new.
- In my spare time I have been playing around with game dev. Totally amateurish, but it is fun.
- Sudoku. Brain training.
Over the past 10 years I have helped many companies in different stages ranging from inception to 300+ employees.
ACV Auctions (2014 - Current)
ACV Auctions provides a mobile app and web platform that allows car dealers to quickly buy and sell wholesale vehicles through live auctions from the comfort of their own dealership. In the past couple of years ACV has grown from 0 full time employees to just over 300.
The Lumber Exchange, Inc. (2017 - Current)
The Lumber Exchange is an exclusive marketplace for purchasing US hardwood lumber and logs.
AireXpert (2018 - Current)
AireXpert bridges the gap between our tech ops facilities and aircraft maintenance support.
BillZip (2018 - Current)
Billzip provides an efficient and convenient payment method for rent so tenants can pay bills easily and on time, while landlords can reduce turnover rate and increase cash flow.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (2014 - 2015)
HMH is a global leader in Pre K-12 educational content and services, combining digital innovation and research to make learning more engaging and effective.
Magic Penny Early Literacy (2015 - Current)
Magic Penny Early Literacy is one of the leading educational publishers in the United States specializing in early literacy.
Doolli, Inc. (2012 - 2016)
Doolli was a user friendly database application platform for building, publishing and deploying database applications at a fraction of the time and cost you spend now. This was one of the larger start-ups in Buffalo at the time, securing over $15m in funding. Unfortunately, the founder decided not to continue the project.
Hire Empire, Inc. (2012)
Hire Empire was a website that featured information on the job market, employment, and recruitment, and that provides users with information concerning employment opportunities, potential employers, and job applicants. This company was meant to replace traditional recruiting but unfortunately it was canceled before going live.
Tattwhoo (2013 - 2016)
Tattwhoo is all about sharing the story associated to your tattoo.
Emogi (2016 - 2017)
Emogi is a conversational content platform in messaging that intelligently integrates emoji, stickers, and GIFs to enrich conversations.
Heads Up Display, Inc (2014)
Heads Up Display, Inc keeps industry safely communicating with the Heads Up Safe real-time wearable IIoT industrial hygiene platform.